Notes: Being my OTP, I wanted to do something a little different than my normal streak I've done with fanmixes. This is sort of a dedication to the Dean/Castiel fandom in a way, presenting the theme of one of my favorite kinks: possession and dominance. A combination of an aggressive/possessive, an almost borderlining BDSM-but-not-really kind of way of how Dean and Castiel demonstrate their passionate love for one another, whether it be from eyefucking and invading personal space to the unadulterated lust and need and want provided through such releases of wing!porn or handprint!porn or what have you, just the fact that these two are intimately linked together with their undeniable chemistry and how both fandom and canon has created something between them makes me want to create a mix specifically based on such a relationship between this human and his angel.
Song/Mix Meta: First I have to say that compiling a list of appropriate songs for this pairing was harder than I realized, because there are certainly plenty of songs out there but unfortunately I had minimal choices from my own collection. I also tried not to be cliche when choosing ones that people either already have or have used ad nauseum in their mixes before. But in the end, I think I'm quite happy with how this turned out even if it might be just a tad cliched in that department, because these are songs that I associate with the pairing in general when such a trope in fandom occurs, and that's what I wanted to show. And as you can witness, there is a particular pattern/bias with using Darren Hayes in this mix, an artist which I often associate with this pairing for some reason.
01. "For Your Entertainment" by Adam LambertTake the pain, take the pleasureThe first track is by Adam Lambert which, while a popular song, I had just gotten into Lambert and I've been listening to nonstop and the first time I heard it I couldn't get Dean/Castiel out of my mind, and quite frankly this more than represents their relationship in such dominating circumstances. Whether it's Dean or Castiel taking the lead, it's about pleasuring the other and making it worth their while.
I'm the master of both
Close your eyes, not your mind
Let me into your soul
I'm gonna work it 'til your totally blown
02. "Teeth" by Lady GagaTell me something that'll save meIgnoring the lines where she says "bad girl meat", I felt this song is more about that BDSM line where it's, again, the dominance and mainly the beat itself has more of this aggression than others do. But what really spoke to me was the "got no religion, my religion is you" line because, essentially, Dean/Castiel is about finding that kind of salvation in the other without the need of religion. They are each others religion, the obsession, the want and need to be around one another, in a way that is almost indescribable to take such a claim by marking each other with such dominance of what is rightfully theirs.
I need a man that makes me alright
Tell me something that'll change me
I'm gonna love you with my hands tied
Show me your teeth
03. "Dirty" by Darren HayesIf you want to, I can be dirty tooThis is more focused on Castiel's dominance over Dean, where he wants to show or sometimes prove to Dean that he can be just as aggressive and just as nasty, dirty and perverted as he can be. As much as we all adore the sweet and pure innocent nature of our precious angel, make no mistake that Castiel can overpower anyone with fierce intensity, and we've seen this on the show, particularly with Dean. And given this, there's no doubt that Castiel can be pushed to the point where he absolutely needs to take Dean for himself and prove just how useful his knowledge of human nature really is.
I can spin you around, pick you up and go down
If you want me to, I can be dirty just like you
And do the dirty things you do
04. "Shiver" by Maroon 5Immobilized by the thought of youFocusing on Dean now, where it's obvious that he is mesmerized (and perhaps slightly terrified and intimidated) by Castiel's presence, otherworldly and how utterly terrifying it is to have this being stronger and more forceful than any other creature he's come across. I felt this song describes precisely how Dean feels whenever he's around the angel; he feels paralyzed and hypnotized by Castiel, and doesn't really know how to react and sometimes only acts upon instinct. Wanting more of that intensity of that stare, to test the angel's limits, to push him to get him to react. It can be dangerous and reckless, but sometimes it pays off in the end....
Paralyzed by the sight of you
Hypnotized by the words you say
Not true but I believe them anyway
05. "Angry Angel" by Imogen HeapThis is an obsession, a kind of aggression with himselfThis goes into the hurt/comfort category, where I identify this as Castiel's way of not only being more dominant in the relationship, particularly when he was still underneath Heaven's watch back in S4, but feels the urges rising from within and he needs to break those rules just to get a taste of Dean, just to know what it's like to feel in that kind of way. "Angry Angel" I've seen being used other times, but this I felt was more appropriate in this context because Castiel is still new to this concept and he might be angry with Dean for doing this to him, making him feel like this, to make him question and make him disobey orders and risk his life, but we all know that Dean doesn't really care. Because he has Castiel and in the end, Castiel has his Dean.
It's the way he'll always be
He loves to rebel, to go against his ten commandments
For him, that's just being free
06. "Creepin' Up On You" by Darren HayesNo one else can love you like I doAh, the song that most of fandom identifies with Dean/Castiel, all thanks to the infamous fanvideo someone made in dedication to stalker!Castiel as he, well, stalks his one true love, Dean. Which is very true, very canon and featured also in fandom where Castiel watches Dean from a distance, appearing by his bedside in the motel room, watching over him. It's protective, but also possessive as well, wanting to be near him at all times. Some can call it creepy and unnerving, but to Castiel it's just his duty to keep Dean safe, among other things, of course. Every time I listen to this I can't not think of anything else other than Dean/Castiel, thanks to that fanvid. And I am not complaining, either. It's a perfect fit.
Feel it when I'm creeping up on you
I know it wouldn't be right
If I stayed all night
Just to peek in on you
Creepin' up on you
07. "Come On Closer" by JemRhythmic motion, raw emotionThis is the more erotic song of the mix, where aside from the hot, sweaty fast and rushed sweet sexing there's the intensified slow yet passionate love that Dean and Castiel make together, often seen as a religious/spiritual connection between them as their souls join together as one. It's also about pleasuring the other, but in a mutual sense of wanting them both to experience the same kind of eroticism and intense passion they both feel for one another. Which I find incredibly hot and sweet, since who else to give them that but each other?
Sweet sensations, hot temptations
Coming over you
08. "Chained To You" by Savage GardenAnd when you looked into my eyes felt a sudden sense of urgencyThis is sort of Dean and Castiel being linked together as one, that no matter where they go or what they do, they feel compelled to be around the other and feel completed when they do. It's about wanting the other and nothing else mattering. Finding that peace, that benediction with one another, and knowing that no one else has the ability to make the other feel the way they do.
Fascination casts a spell and you became more than just a mystery
And I think about you all the time
Is this fate is it my destiny
That I think about you all the time
09. "Bad Things" by Jace EverettWhen you came in the air went outPerhaps the sexist song to get revved up for, well, anything naughty really. This is the "I'm gonna take you now" song for Dean/Castiel, doing incredibly sacrilegious and naughty things when both are rather hot and bothered and just going with their cravings, their instincts of what they desperately want from the other and how they feel when they are around each other, unable to resist such temptations. Whether it's doing it in the back/on top of the Impala, up against the wall, ravaging each other over and over again until the break of dawn, whatever fantasy one thinks of, this is perhaps the best to describe it.
And every shadow filled up with doubt
I don't know who you think you are
But before the night is through
I wanna do bad things to you
10. "Love Game" by Lady GagaI'm on a missionTo put it simply: Castiel wants to ride Dean's disco stick, and Dean doesn't object. At all. ♥
And it involves some heavy touching, yeah
You've indicated your interest, I'm educated in sex, yes
And now I want it bad, want it bad
A love game, a love game