1. The first character you first fell in love with
2. The character you never expected to love as much as you do now
3. The character everyone else loves that you don't
4. The character you love that everyone else hates
5. The character you used to love but don't any longer
6. The character 'ship everyone else loves that you don't
7. The character 'ship you love that everyone else hates
1. The first character you fell in love with: Veronica Mars, quite obviously. Her intellectual way of thinking, cleverness and sharp private investigating skills she's inhabited within a single year with being involved and supporting her father, and her quick witticisms all immediately attracted me to her character. I also like her ambitions to keep investigating the mysterious death of her best friend, even by rebelling against all the odds and risking everything. Also, she's adorable.
2. The character you never expected to love as much as you do now: Logan Echolls. In the beginning he always acted like such a "psychotic jackass", however further into the season the back-stories unraveled and that, my friends, is what gradually made me love this wounded character.
3. The character everyone else loves that you don't: Couldn't say really, because I don't think there's a character on this show that I don't like, with some exceptions of course. But I didn't particularly favor Troy in the beginning and him being Veronica's potential boyfriend for that time being. At first he seemed like an all right character, but something about him dating Veronica just didn't sit well with me. I don't know why.
4. The character you love that everyone else hates: For an unknown reason I found out that some people really don't like Keith Mars, which strikes me as odd. Understandably, there were issues about the actor playing him (the exact why is lost on me) so many weren't too keen on that, however reading through some other's thoughts they just didn't like Keith at all. I, personally, like Keith not just as the investigator but his relationship with Veronica. They have a great father-daughter bond, despite the running around each other keeping secrets fearing of hurting or causing pain to one another. He's protective of her, but not that overprotective; he allows her to make mistakes and learn from them -- and we all know how persistent Veronica can be. So, I like Keith.
5. The character you used to love but don't any longer: Aaron Echolls. Everyone knows why, and if you're a newcomer to the series I shalt not spoil thee with knowledge of the future episodes.
6. The character 'ship everyone else loves that you don't: Troy/Veronica, reasons as previously stated. Otherwise, nothing really.
7. The character 'ship you love that everyone else hates: Duncan/Lilly, although I hardly know or have met anyone that opposes this pairing in particular. Knowing that some are squirked by the idea, they tend to leave it be, so otherwise there isn't really anything I'd say I like that someone else doesn't.
1. The first character you first fell in love with: River Tam. After watching the entire series I became fascinated with her and Simon's backstory, moreover the mysterious enigma that is River and what had happened to her while held captive by the Alliance. I guess the first episode that really captured this love was "Safe" and River dancing to that Celtic-esque inspired music around the Maypole. I love all the characters of Firefly, but it was River that captured my heart first.
2. The character you never expected to love as much as you do now: Jayne. He's such a complex character; he's deadly and a moneywhoring kind of guy, and he'd tried to betray Mal more than once. But inside that tough exterior there's that soft-spot. Prime example in "War Stories" where we learn that Jayne sent his cut of the money to his mother and family -- which led him into receiving that shiny hat of his! Jayne has a heart, it's just sometimes his manly urges and adrenaline go first before anything else. All in all, he's just this big fluffy teddy bear inside.
3. The character everyone else loves that you don't: Not possible, since I love every single character in the Fireflyverse.
4. The character you love that everyone else hates: Niska. Even though he only appeared in two episodes I found Niska a very creepy and disturbing kind of bad guy. He was almost what I call a mixture of a private sophisicated gangster or an Italian mob boss, sort of like in The Godfather. And I like Badger too, but I think everyone likes Badger one way or another....especially after learning that Joss Whedon actually wanted to play Badger in the series before finding the actor portraying him instead.
5. The character you used to love but don't any longer: Not applicable. All characters are my beloveds.
6. The character 'ship everyone else loves that you don't: Hmm, this is tough since there wasn't a whole lot of shippiness happening, though implied shippiness is always good fun. I don't really like debating, because all our Big Damn Heroes are just too pretty to not be paired off with one another. Hell, I'd bet someone out there has written a Firefly orgy fanfic and works perfectly well. It's an everyone/everyone universe, so it's a win-win situation no matter which pairing you prefer.
7. The character 'ship you love that everyone else hates: I don't know if anyone hates it per se, seeing that it's not particularly well-known or popular amongst the universe, but I think it's cute. Mal/River. Though it could go either way -- a father-daughter kind of relationship, or a romantic type. Either way, with the interaction these two had in the series (which was brief) it was always cute; Mal might've not liked the troublesome River's situation could've caused them with the Alliance, but there certainly is a fatherly kind of care about him that's protective. And not just for River and Simon, but for all his crew, which is technically his only family. But, there should be more Mal/River stories out there, gorramit!
1. The first character you first fell in love with: This is definitely a toughy, but I'd have to say Claire, Shannon and Sawyer. Claire because she's so calm and lighthearted, especially for a pregnant woman, and just from her personality she has this free-spirited aura about her. And I guess it's amazing to see Emilie DeRavin do an Australian accent when I remembered her being Tess from Roswell. Shannon, I just loved instantly. There's something about her where in the beginning you believe she's such a bitch, but she's helpful and very interesting. Sawyer, well, that's a given. He's your typical jackass with persnickety wit, the snark and smartass humor, and happens to have that cowboy personality. He's so pretty, too, I'll admit that right now.
2. The character you never expected to love as much as you do now: Sawyer, even though he was one of the characters I liked from the getgo. Of course, his wit and snark really had me howling and grinning because he's hilarious whenever snarking back at any one of the characters, I just believed there was something else going on. But later, as we find out, there's something else going on with all the main characters of the show, and not just Sawyer. I liked his character in the beginning, but I began loving the character even more as the season progressed.
3. The character everyone else loves that you don't: Again, this is a toughy to decipher. While I like almost all the characters, Jack isn't very favorable on my list. He's an interesting character, I'll admit that, but in the beginning I never understood his leader role...but at the same time emphasized with him, you know? So, I don't necessarily dislike him, he's just not one of my top favorite characters.
4. The character you love that everyone else hates: Kate. I've never understood why most people dislike her. Well, okay, I understand that some would categorize Kate into that premature Mary-Suish type of female character, and that her constant I-can-join-you-in-the-aimlessly-dangerou
5. The character you used to love but don't any longer: I'll get back to this question when I finished all the episodes (still a few I haven't seen, which includes the finale.)
6. The character 'ship everyone else loves that you don't: Kate/Jack, and while I admit it's cute I just don't personally prefer it myself. I don't condone the pairing, though, because I still consider it adorable.
7. The character 'ship you love that everyone else hates: Gee golly, I haven't the slightest idea! Let's see....there's Shannon/Boone, which is the Forbidden Incesty Love across the entire fandom, so there's no disliking there; Charlie/Claire seems to be less in recognition, but I do think both Charlie and Claire's building friendship in the beginning and their togetherness was really sweet. Definitely chemistry with those two. Once again, not sure if this pairing is either disliked or lesser known. But in my opinion, they're adorable.
DEAD LIKE ME
1. The first character you first fell in love with: George Lass, which is an obvious "duh" right there. Her dry sarcasm, dark witticisms, lacking in the caring department and at loss of knowing what life really means until she begins her afterlife, to which all happens in the very first episode. George reminds me of myself in some aspects, and I fell in love with how she tries to correct the wrongness of the world and her occupation of being a Grim Reaper, and gradually understanding and coming to terms with how valuable life is, especially since she never really gave her life that chance. While the show definitely is Wonerfalls-ish with satire dark comedy, and has crude humor every now and again (like most Showtime series do), it's really a morality show. George is that lost little girl making sense of the surroundings and the world around her, only from her afterlife. Love her, love the actress. Love, love, love.
2. The character you never expected to love as much as you do now: Rube. In the beginning he was humorous, but I felt he was trying to limit George's explortations and her courage to at least help those going to die. Although their job is the take the souls those destined to die, I felt Rube was restricting her from doing things of the right -- until it dawned on me that, perhaps Rube was trying to challenge George, to strengthen and broaden her knowledge that this was a job like any other job. He's like a second father to her, and I like that he looks out for her.
3. The character everyone else loves that you don't: Daisy, because in the beginning she was just absolutely ditzy which got annoying...that and I missed Betty. Because I liked Betty. And I really didn't like George's mother in the beginning, because I felt she was just being pushy.
4. The character you love that everyone else hates: I'm not really sure if there's a character on this series that I love that someone else dislikes, to be perfectly honest.
5. The character you used to love but don't any longer: Doesn't apply.
6. The character 'ship everyone else loves that you don't: Mason/Daisy. The flirting I understand, but otherwise not so much of a relationship, at least for me anyway.
7. The character 'ship you love that everyone else hates: George/Mason, though I'm not quite sure it's disliked in the fandom.
1. The first character you first fell in love with: Dr. Gregory House, another no-brainer. His snark, his intelligence, his lacking in humility yet gaining respect all at the same time (more or less), and off-the-bat witticisms. Plus, Hugh Laurie delivers the best apathetic dry American accent. House is naturally bitter, is addicted to his pain killers which he has not choice but to take them, and he's a cripple with an attitude. And he never lets anyone forget this. To go more indepth, House is everything be sensitive -- but makes sure all his patients leave healthy, despite his personal opinion of them; he's a very educated man and obviously intelligent. Love him.
2. The character you never expected to love as much as you do now: Chase a.k.a. "The Puppy", granted it was my darling sister that had gotten me to like the character, for more reasons other than his Australian accent. I also started to warm up to Foreman even though he doubted House's methods the majority of the time in the beginning episodes. Foreman may not like House, but at least he respects him and begins to understand that later on.
3. The character everyone else loves that you don't: Cameron. There's times when I understand her point of view, but most times it seems that she's only agreeing with House because she has developed a crush on him, and it would seem rather insensitive to disagree with someone that may or may not be in the right. However, whenever she thinks something is incorrect she blames House's judgment on the issue rather than standing up and admitting she was wrong, as well. At first I didn't want to dislike Cameron, but after watching several episodes I understood where the frustration came from by some people.
4. The character you love that everyone else hates: I want to say House because almost everyone says that he's somewhat not likeable, but I think that's just the characters on the show saying that. Otherwise, it's a win-win situation for everyone with a few exceptions.
5. The character you used to love but don't any longer: I'll get back to this question once I find someone that fits the description of me not liking them anymore. Though in one episode, Chase was being rather insensitive towards a specific patient (while under pressure of many things, but still it was uncalled for), and that lowered my opinion for that character. But I still like him, believe it or not.
6. The character 'ship everyone else loves that you don't: House/Cameron. I personally believe they just don't click together very well, and this has nothing to do with my personal dislike for Cameron's character. I just don't think they would work well inside a relationship, considering how Cameron practically used House to get her back into the job once she quit. Fortunately, House retorted by actually diagnosing her problem. She's too obsessed with him, and he doesn't care either way. I just don't favor the pairing, is all.
7. The character 'ship you love that everyone else hates: House/Cuddy, though it's still unclear if this is dislikeable or just not in recognition amongst the fandom. Their persnicketiness and snark play off each other, and it's quite understandable that Cuddy is forgiving of House and understanding at the same time. She's saved his ass plenty of times when it's been in trouble, and House always has something fun and entertaining to say while in her presence. It's cute how they interact.