- Comment with "Paper. Scissors. Rock. Spock. Merlin."
- I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can get to know you better.
- Update your journal with the answers to the questions (or answer in the comments if you prefer).
- Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
01. What’s your favorite season or time of year?
Right now, actually. I love the fall and winter seasons, and not just because they feature two of my favorite holidays. I love the cooler weather, particularly when it's not yet too cold or too warm, but the right kind of mild temperature.
02. What’s your favorite new show or movie (as in from this year or last year)?
For this year my favorite new show has to be How To Get Away With Murder. It's quite fascinating and has a nice blend of character drama and crime mystery, and I really like the setup especially with the unraveling of the mystery bit by bit with the flashforwards. A new show from last year, it would be to be a tie between Brooklyn Nine-Nine (very funny with a great diverse cast) and Sleepy Hollow (the Abbie and Ichabod Show, tbh). As for favorite movie, y'all know it's coming: Desolation of Smaug. I'm not a huge moviegoer in general, I only go to movies when something really intrigues me or when it's part of a franchise that I like, and The Hobbit films have been that franchise for me.
03. Do you have a favorite historical period or other setting for movies/tv shows/books? What is it?
I don't think I have any particular favorite era, but in general I like it when something focuses on a certain time or culture in history that hasn't really been told before, or something that we see a different perspective of. Bonus points if the strong points are featuring women and their roles. Extra bonus points if it features non-white cultures done accurately.
04. What’s a quote you really love?
I don't really have one? I like certain quotes, but none that really stick to mind that I can think of at the moment.
05. Who’s your favorite band/singer? (Or top five, if you prefer)
Shit, well. I listen to a lot of musical artists and my favorites change and rotate constantly, but here are some of my favorites that I've been listening to on a loop lately: Marina and the Diamonds, Lindsey Stirling, Bear McCreary (composer of many television shows, including Battlestar Galactica, seriously he's amazing and I can't not listen to him daily), Namie Amuro, and Icon For Hire.